If you love Halloween and brunch then you are in for a real trick or treat! Today for Blog-O-Ween Day 17 I am sharing the Spooky Brunch Alex and I created over the weekend.
We enjoy having brunch, especially at the end of a busy week. I decided we should create a spooky brunch one day and it was a fun success!
Spooky Brunch Supplies
- Dash Mini Pumpkin Waffle Maker
- Dash Mini Skull Waffle Maker
- Pumpkin Pancake/Waffle Mix (or any flavor you want)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Pumpkin Seeds (or any other filler)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Egg
- Water or Milk
- Halloween Dishes
- Apple Cider
- Skeleton Hand Glasses
- Spooky Playlist
Steps to a Spooky Brunch
1. First Alex plugged in the mini waffle makers, sprayed them lightly with cooking spray, and let them heat up. He also put on a fun Halloween playlist for us.
2. Next he followed the instructions on the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake/Waffle Mix to create the batter. To create our batter we used- the waffle mix, butter, an egg, water, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon. You can get really creative with your mixture for whatever waffle flavors you like.
3. Then he followed the Dash mini waffle maker instructions to place the correct amount of batter onto the waffle maker. I believe it was three tablespoons of batter but you should check with your instructions.
4. After adding the batter and closing the waffle maker, we let them cook until they looked done.
5. Alex then repeated steps three and four to create more waffles. These mini waffle makers are super cute and spooky, however the downside is you can only make one waffle at a time. Once a waffle was made, he put it on a plate and covered it with foil to keep it warm.
6. After you have the amount of spooky waffles you want, you are ready to put the finishing touches on your spooky brunch!
The Final Product
Alex divided our mini Halloween waffles onto our skull plates. He added some berries and crispy bacon that he cooked while the waffles were being made. I filled our awesome skeleton hand glasses with some delicious apple cider. We also always sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top and add syrup before eating.
Now you have a spooky and delicious brunch ready to eat! Our Halloween waffles were delicious and it was a lot of fun to make a spooky brunch together. The Dash mini waffle makers are fun and easy to use. We purchased ours from Bed, Bath and Beyond, however they also have them at Target and Amazon. I will link them for you below.
I hope you enjoyed Blog-O-Ween Day 17 and that it has inspired you to create your own spooky brunch!
Shop the Stay Spooky and Hallowedding Collection here!
Check out the other Blog-O-Ween posts: